Latest Survey for Car Lovers Ranks the Greater Des Moines Metro
The Greater Des Moines Metro is riding a wave of popularity that is quickly growing. We have been listed at or near the top in dozens of rankings by major National publications and are being noticed more and more.
The latest ranking comes from Realtor.com, who went out and gathered data from the 100 largest U.S. housing markets to determine the best and worst metros for car lovers. Lance Lambert reported the results on Realtor.com. So, how did the Greater Des Moines Metro rank in this study? A solid #2, just behind Colorado Springs, CO!
The criteria that Realtor.com looked at was:
- Percentage of realtor.com single-family home listings with a garage, as well as the percentage that have a garage for three or more cars
- Average number of vehicles per household
- Rate of car ownership
- Traffic fatalities (per capita)
- Electric car sales by state (per capita)
- Percentage of roads in "good condition"
- Average number of hours spent in traffic
- Number of automotive service technicians and mechanics (per capita)
- Average price of unleaded gasoline
- Average annual auto insurance rate by state
Here are the other cities that made it in the top 10, according to Realtor.com;
It was interesting for me to see that we beat out Virginia Beach, VA by a huge margin. Our daughter and her husband live there, so we actually are very familiar with that community.
Congratulations again to the Greater Des Moines Metro!
Jon Niemeyer is the Broker/Owner of EXIT Realty North Star, 1039 Sunset Dr Norwalk, IA 50211. We provide full service real estate services to the Des Moines, Iowa metro area. Learn more about Jon at JonNiemeyer.com.
Pointing People in Positive Directions